Crop Innovation & Seed Procurement Manager - St Mary Bourne
Frequent travel – UK and across the European supply base
Salary : £Competitive
A vacancy has arisen for a Crop Innovation & Seed Procurement Manager to be based at the Saint Mary Bourne Site.
This is a key role within Vitacress Salads. The successful candidate will report to the Growing and Procurement Director and you will be responsible for all Salads’ seed sourcing, varietal planning and subsequent purchase, ensuring the overall alignment of seed purchase costs for Vitacress Portugal and Vitacress Espana.
Lead varietal development within Salads farming and actively drive, in close co-operation with the Commercial team, varietal selection and subsequent innovative offers to the market.
Drive agri-innovation within our own farming and external supply base. Work with the growing base and agronomy function to understand the issues they are facing and through research and data analysis find, propose and implement solutions.
Assist our farms and our suppliers to achieve market leading operating and environmental standards, quality and innovation.
Lead and manage farm and supplier technical projects.
Represent the farms on customer-facing projects.
Work with the Farming and Procurement Director on futureproofing our farming activities.
Experience, skills and competencies
- Production of fresh produce
- Communication skills – verbal, written and presentation
- Customer exposure and relationship management
- Supplier relationship management
- Customer exposure
- Understanding of microbiology and laboratory analysis
- An interest in agritechnology
- IT literate and MS Office
- Research and data analysis
- Postgraduate qualification in agriculture-related subject
- Agronomy, Plant Science or Plant Genetics, Soil Science , Agri-tech/Agri-robotics professional qualification
- Self- motivator
- Confident and driven
- Desire to learn
- Continuous Professional Development
- People person, Team worker
- Strong influencer
- Detail conscious
- Curious and creative
- Results oriented/data driven
Candidates are requested to provide both their current and desired salaries details when applying. This can be added on the Application Page / Covering Message Box.