This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
Product and Process Technologist
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Deliver high value technical initiatives across Flavour Solutions.
- Lead pilot plant trials and factory scale up. Ensuring that all procedures have been followed and relevant paperwork is complete.
- Look for ways to improve or create new products/ technologies that will improve the R&D hit rates and support financial growth targets from innovation.
- Support commissioning/validation of new equipment and processes.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance & support to all NPD teams on new processes and process capability
- Lead and support were applicable key Technology platform initiatives
- Experience within the food/drink industry in a Technologist role
- Bachelor of Science Degree/Food Science Technology
- Experience in food/drink production
- Capacity and capability to take initiative and work independently
- Able to manage several different projects and priorities at the same time
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally across the business, and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing and capable to learn new skills.
- PC literate as a minimum, working knowledge of SAP would be advantageous.
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis and develop corrective and preventative action plans.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.no. 90729)
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.