Location: Fletchers Bakery, Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Manager to join our team here at Fletchers Bakery!
To take full responsibility for managing the production, packing lines and people in your area whilst ensuring that all products are manufactured according to specification and required quality standards. You will also play a key role in ensuring a safe working environment whilst using the correct quantity and quality of raw materials.
- Manufacture all products according to plan, specification and quality to minimise waste. Ensure this is done as cost effectively as possible using a range of modern lean manufacturing techniques.
- Ensure that you have an understanding of the next day and coming weeks/months requirements in terms of production, resources, skills and materials.
- Record using the sites M3 Start/Stop process, communicate and take action as appropriate to all KPIs (including yield, wastage, customer service, plan completion, quality report, absence and all other associated KPIs)
- Ensure all team members are suitably trained, understand their objectives and the standards required and are reliable and punctual in their attedance whilst being motivated to do their job.
- Ensure all employees are trained and signed off on all relevant tasks. Liaise with the training department to ensure training records are up to date and training plans are in place for individuals as required.
- For each and every key role ensure you have a suitably trained deputy or deputies to cover any case of absence, planned or unplanned.
- Have responsiblity for performance, conduct, attendance and timekeeping. You will also lead disciplinary hearings, up to and including dismissal, with the support of HR.
- Liaise with your Operations Manager on recruitment issues.
- Have a process in place to ensure that all employees complete a Return to Work form after any period of absence. Keep your Manager and HR up to date with any employees absent short or long term.
- Play a leading role in the department L1,2 and 3 daily meetings.
- Work with the New Product Development team and Technical to successfully carry out production trials and launch new products.
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in Food Manufacturing is essential for this role, Bakery experience is preferable.
- Experience and competency in a production and unionised environment.
- People management skills (counselling, disciplinary, training needs).
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques.
- Understanding of practical application of production, technical, HR and safety processes and procedures including working practices.
- Knowledge of org structure, roles and responsibilities.
- Communication skills, verbal and written including presentation skills and report writing.
- Intermediate food hygiene certificate.