Multi Skilled Engineer - Kara Foodservice, Manchester
We have an exciting opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Engineer, with a focus on electrical bias, to join our team here at Kara Foodservice. This is a permanent position with a shift pattern working 4 on 4 off days and nights.
To carry out planned maintenance work and repairs to production plant, equipment and buildings, to ensure safety and reliability of the production process.
- Continuous development of knowledge and familiarity with the engineering requirements of the bakery process systems and machinery
- To work as an active part of a skilled cross functional planned maintenance team
- To ensure correct Health & Safety, Food Safety and Hygiene standards are adhered to at all times
- To ensure a fast and effective response especially under breakdown conditions
- To quickly diagnose faults and take corrective action
- To assist an support mechanical engineers with their duties
- To actively participate in a Continuous Improvement culture throughout the site, constantly identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce waste. Participating and fully supporting the site Operating Brilliance Process (OBP), and contributing to cross functional objectives if required.
- To assist in the training of fellow maintenance engineers, Operator-Technicians and others where necessary
- To ensure planned maintenance work is completed to strict schedules, and constantly look for improvements that will ensure reliability of equipment is improved
- To ensure good working practices are adhered to throughout
- To work on various projects including installation and modifications to plant and equipment.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Time served apprentice trained and electrical accredited qualifications.
- Good communication skills
- A thorough and detailed approach to maintenance work
- You must be able to work as part of a team
- You must be both literate and numerate
- Knowledge of plant maintenance work.
- PLC Programming Capabilities.
- Mechanical Engineering qualifications/experience
- IPAF trained
- 18th Edition Certificate
- FMCG Experience
- Attention to detail
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance