Are you innovative, entrepreneurial and keen to contribute to the development of environmentally positive, circular life-cycle packaging and sustainable foods and “foods as medicine”? Do you have food industry experience within a manufacturing environment?
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Food Safety Manager to join our innovative high-growth company developing products from sustainably farmed seaweed. This role would be suitable for an experienced Food Safety Manager seeking a challenge in an emerging environmentally positive industry. You will be responsible for the Food Safety Management System, working with stakeholders and Process Engineers to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
Oceanium is a bio-tech, social and environmental impact start-up focused on developing sustainable packaging from sustainably-farmed seaweed. Based in Oban Scotland with an office in London, Oceanium is seeking a Food Safety Manager who wants to use their experience to make an impact on the health of people and planet.
Food Safety Manager Responsibilities:
- Conducting internal audits and facilitating third party and BRC audits
- Training all stakeholders in their role within the food safety management system
- Liaising with process engineers to ensure new product launches are compliant with food safety standards
- Managing the relationship with co-packers in different countries
- Ensuring compliance with international food regulatory standards
- A degree in a relevant scientific subject (or equivalent experience).
- Food industry experience in a technical or quality management role within a food manufacturing environment for a minimum of 5 years.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP
- Knowledge of auditing process and requirements (formal training available in post).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to support business development activites and relationship management.
- Effective time management skills relating to effective delivery and business practices.
- Project management skills
- Full UK/EU driving licence
- HACCP qualification
- Understanding of process technology
- Experience of working in a development environment
- Knowledge of continuous improvement
- Knowledge of international food regulatory standards
If you feel that you have the right blend of capabilities and contacts as well as the ability to make a significant contribution to this exciting company, please send a cover letter, current CV, salary requirements and availability either to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the 'Apply' button below
At Oceanium we recognise the value of a diverse team and we are committed to and encourage applications from people with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Reasonable adjustments are available to support candidates through the application and interview process. Please note all offers of employment are subject to continuous eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory pre-employment security screening which includes a DBS Check.