Oven Operative (Monday-Wednesday 6am-6pm
Haverhill, CB9 7TD
Running of the CCP (critical control point) of cooking and cooling of meat products. Karro Haverhill is looking for someone to lead by example by working in accordance with the product specification, the Company standards and procedures regarding Safety, Hygiene, Quality, Quantity and Cost.
1. Promote and ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times, the area is fully compliant with Company Health & Safety and Fire policies, procedure and all legislative requirements. Report any accidents to Front Line Manager/ Shift Manager.
2. Driving the KPIs for your area of responsibility. Challenge and motivate the team to deliver measures in a consistent manner
3. Encourage the Team to monitor product quality and reject any unsuitable products whilst ensuring waste is minimised and reported accurately to the Front Line Manager on a daily basis.
4. Ensure all materials are cooked and cooled to the correct temperature according to the guidelines.
5. Promptly identifying any areas of improvement in relation to Safety, Hygiene, Quality, Quantity and Cost to the Front Line Manager. Suggest improvements to help efficiencies.
6. Take accountability for the oven area including blast chills and surrounding area.
7. Working within a team environment, supporting the manufacturing team with the smoking and roasting of products for the lines.
8. Day to day control and co-ordination of the workforce within a defined area of the operation including
9. Complete and take accountability for checks and tasks including CCPs
10. Completion of Lean driver / SIC or other efficiency tools
11. Complete all yield information/paperwork that is required. Ensure reasons are documented and record information needed to improve
12. Promptly escalate issues including breakdowns which are impacting production and seek corrective action / resolutions
13. Able to carry out an accurate stock take and from this adjustments and corrections on the Hellenics systems.
14. Ensure product / racks / dolavs are labelled at all times, to maintain traceability
15.Support continuous improvement in all areas of the operation where greater efficiency, hygiene, quality and safety could be achieved.
13. Ensure all Paperwork is filled in accurately and in a timely manner, for all relevant tasks carried out
14. Ensure compliance to Hellenic System procedures, this includes working with production managers regarding batch yield reporting.
15. During the shift, identify and communicate immediately to the Engineering Department supervision and Front Line Managers any issues in order that they are resolved to minimise production downtime.
16. Carry out all other reasonable management requests on an ad hoc basis
- 3 Years or more experience within FMCG environment with proven leadership and management experience and be able to demonstrate people and performance experience - Desirable
- Working within a food manufacturing environment - Desirable
- Knowledge of GMP - Essential
- Knowledge of HACCP - Essential
- Knowledge of Hygiene standards - Essential
- Knowledge of Health & Safety standards - Essential
- Educated to ILM level 3 or equivalent in food manufacturing - Desirable
- Advanced user on Hellenics - Desirable
- Good organisational skills - Essential
- GCSE /’O’ level or equivalent in Maths & English - Essential
- IOSH - Desirable