Alexander Steele is delighted to be working in partnership with a large food manufacturing business based in Shropshire. We have been asked to assist the business with the recruitment of a new Operations Manager.
Reporting into the Site Director the new Operations Manager will lead a sizable team. This will be a highly visible role both within the manufacturing facility and with the business leadership.
- Full responsibility (Safety, Quality, Service, Cost) for the largest production building on site
- Lead, coach and develop a team of more than 100 colleagues.
- Building an empowered organisation.
- Playing a leading role in the site senior leadership team as they work together to transform the site.
- Adopting a collaborative approach with stakeholders across all business units
- Further develop the site health and safety culture to the highest level possible with a continuous focus on safe systems of work, accidents, and incidents
- Support the engineering teams to identify opportunities to improve plant and performance through capital cases and also ongoing improvement projects.
- An outstanding track record of delivery in Production / Operations within an automated Manufacturing environment, with an in-depth understanding of modern improvement tools and techniques.
- A safety-first mind-set, creating, implementing, measuring and improving ways to drive a focus on zero accidents and incidents.
- Quality driven with a methodical approach, driving operational efficiency and improvement out of every area of the operation.
- Authentic, purpose driven, strong principles (esp. around Safety, Quality & People)
For the successful candidate the business is offering a highly competitive salary along with a car allowance, bonus, pension and healthcare.
Should you wish to learn more about this fantastic opportunity please apply with your most recent version of your CV.