As a Kitchen Assistant, your role will be to complete food preparation, stock management and cleaning duties in order to maximise the efficiency of the Product Development team.
- Collect ingredients to ensure they are supplied to the kitchen team on a ‘just in time’ basis to keep waste to a minimum
- Complete stock rotation effectively to ensure minimum waste
- Complete cleaning tasks in the kitchen area, presentation and taste panel areas to ensure a hygienic environment in which others are able to operate effectively
- Ensure food preparation is completed in order to support the Chef
- Buy ingredient supplies and benchmark samples when required
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
We are looking for a NPD Kitchen Assistant to join our new New Product Development team at Heathrow.
Here at Heathrow, we have a team of around 200 colleagues. We produce gluten free products, topped pasta salads, composite salads - pasta, leaf, grains, pasta pots and snacking - duo pots for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Morrisons and Sainsbury’s.
What we’re looking for
- An understanding of working in a fast paced kitchen environment
- Ability to read and build recipes
- An interest in the food industry
- Food Safety Level 2 is advantageous but not essential
- Ability to work autonomously but also a team player
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.