We are currently looking for Skilled Production Operatives to work in our Deli department in various areas including Prep, Mixing and Filling.
If successful you would be streamlined into one of the above areas. However you may be asked to work in additional areas to suit the needs of the business.
As a Skilled Operative, you will be responsible for ensuring due diligence is followed throughout the production process. You will have a right first-time approach. As part of your role, you will be ensuring the team are working to their maximum potential as well as ensuring that the machinery is working consistently and correctly. You will be responsible for monitoring production to help attain KPIs for productivity and efficiency.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products because we supply food for the all the major supermarkets in the UK.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK.
What we’re looking for
- Good level of English & Math - you will be required to follow processes and recipes, as well as ensuring the correct quantities are used in each batch.
- Ideally experience in a chilled food manufacturing environment, but this isn't mandatory - other FMCG backgrounds will be considered.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Right first-time approach.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- On site canteen serving hot meals including on night shift
- Free Parking
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee appreciation events
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.