Alexander Steele continue to work in partnership with this wonderful chilled food manufacturer based in East Riding of Yorkshire who are currently looking to recruit a permanent Shift Production Manager. The role with be working Monday - Friday on rotating shifts.
Reporting directly into the Operations Manager, your role is to lead, develop and manage the shift team, through the Area Managers to consistently deliver a high quality product, in an efficient and cost effective manner and in a safe and hygienic environment. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the Production area whilst on shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure defined production standards are met
- Manager motivate and lead the team to deliver the production plan
- Ensure customer service levels & KPI’s are consistently achieved
- Ensure all hazards are identified, the risks assessed and all control measures implement and maintained
- Contribute and fully support the Company Health and Safety Policy
- Lead, develop, inspire and motivate the team to attain performance improvement and drive and upward improvement in the skills and performance of all direct reports
- Liaise with the Technical & Quality Control team to identify quality issues, ensuring all investigation are thorough and appropriate action is taken and recorded with preventative measures in place
- Maintaining compliance against internal and customer audit requirements
- Maintain work areas in accordance with world class manufacturing standards of hygiene
- Control and reduce material wastage usage levels
- Measure and analyse downtime and implement corrective actions
- Ensure Company Discipline and Grievance Procedures are followed including conducting investigations, chairing grievance and disciplinary hearings/
- Previous Food FMCG management experience
- Proven people management experience
- Experience in driving the Health & Safety culture
- Continuous improvement
- Managing KPI’s and adherence
- Preparing and supporting the business audit by major retailers and driving improvement
- Be hands on, flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills.
If your are interested in applying for this vacancy then please send through your most recent CV or contact Richard Steele on 0131 370 9191.