Accounts Executive / Bookkeeper - Bromyard, Herefordshire ,HR7 4HS
Part Time - 3 Days
Salary : £21 - £25k FTE
Phoenix Organics is a wholesaler of UK and imported organic fresh fruit and vegetables.
We specialise in supplying organic fruit and vegetables to home delivery box schemes and independent retail outlets throughout the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer care, quality produce and a commitment to ethical values and honest trading practices supporting organic agriculture in the UK.
About the role...
Background of Position
Phoenix Organics is embarking on an exciting period of change to revitalise and restructure the company to develop a modern and profitable example of an ethical business. We are looking for a committed individual to work with the General Manager, to lead, develop and modernise the accounting and bookkeeping practices of the company.
Main purpose of job:
- Accurate and efficient management of the Phoenix and Skylark accounts
- Responsible for running the Sage accounting system
- Ensuring payment of all customer invoices within the company’s terms
- Ensure payroll company provided with monthly information accurately and promptly
- Manage our year-round Soil Association requirements for our annual certification
- Weekly and monthly sales and expenditure reports
- Ad hoc reporting as and when required
Responsibilities, duties and tasks:
- Process and pay invoices on Sage
- Complete and submit tax returns, VAT returns and NI contributions
- Liaise with Phoenix appointed accountants and auditors to prepare the financial information for end of year accounts
- Check UK and overseas invoices against QC’s and enter onto Sage
- Enter BACS receipts for POL and Skylark onto Sage
- Make BACS payments to UK and overseas suppliers
- Bank reconciliation for Phoenix and Skylark accounts
- Enter customer cheques and cash onto Sage and complete bank deposit
- Administer petty cash and balance customer cash till
- Accruals and repayments and associated spreadsheet
- End of month customer statements
- End of month stock journals
- Provide weekly and monthly sales and expenditure reports
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting overdue invoices and debts
- Evaluating new credit requests and setting up terms and conditions of credit
- Processing and reconciliation of invoices to Sage
- Checking and posting receipts onto Sage
- Provide monthly timesheets and any expenses for relevant staff to the payroll company
- Provide P45’s, new starter details and pension scheme details to the payroll company
- Obtain a copy of our supplier’s organic certificates annually
- Collate the required information for the annual Soil Association inspection
- Accounting and/or bookkeeping qualifications
- Strong working knowledge of Sage
- At least two years experience in accounting and bookkeeping
- At least two years experience of operating Sage accounting system
- High level of knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Word
- Organised, methodical and excellent attention to detail
- Embraces and is committed to IT and new technology within the accounting role and throughout the company.