Multi-Skilled Engineer - Tyne & Wear, DH5 0RH
Three shifts rotation starting on a Sunday evening of 23.00 to 07.00 then 07.00 to 15.00 and lastly 15.00 to 23.00
Part of a long-established group, Moguntia Food Group is a world-class manufacturer of food mixes, sauces and coatings. Since 1903, we’ve used our wealth of expertise to bring bespoke flavours and edible innovations to customers around the globe.
About the role
We are looking for a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join our organisation at our HLH site. We are looking for maintenance engineer with electrical and mechanical maintenance skills with the experience of working in a fast paced FMCG environment.
- Take personal responsibility for health, safety and environment.
- Attend machine breakdowns efficiently and provide effective measures to ensure issues are resolved and sustained in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the sites PM schedule.
- Help develop and implement effective PM schedules.
- Ensure compliance with everyday processes.
- Accept responsibility and take ownership of problems, seeing change as an opportunity.
- Continuous improvement projects.
- Conduct effective investigations and provide recommendations on faults and down time on all machinery.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience of troubleshooting.
- Fault finding.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing.
- Computer literate.
- Experience of working in a fast moving food manufacturing environment.
- Results focussed individual who operates with an efficient work style, coupled with attention to detail and good time management, the ability to work to short deadlines.
- Has worked with pneumatics, liquid vessels and packaging machines.
- Flexible, supportive attitude, keen to run multiple tasks with the desire to take on new challenges.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety (IOSH equivalent)
- Electrical qualifications (NVQ Level 3/17th or 18th edition) essential.
- Food safety qualification’s is desirable.
The role embraces both mechanical and electrical planned preventative maintenance and all aspects of production support with close liaison with Machine Operators and Shift Managers around changeovers and breakdowns. All electrical work is carried out in compliance with I.E.E regulations.
The maintenance technician will operate on a three shift basis.