QA Technician - Amesbury, Wiltshire, SP4 7LN
Salary - £Competitive
About Red House Foods
You probably won’t have heard of Red House Foods but since 2010 we have quietly made our mark becoming a major gluten and dairy free food producer in the UK. Our privately owned company is driven by a passion for producing the highest quality and best tasting savoury gluten free food, both in frozen and fresh. We have been growing quickly and are looking to recruit someone with the same integrity and passion to work within the Quality Assurance team.
We produce everything from our dedicated gluten free production site in Amesbury Wiltshire, not far from Stonehenge and just north of the Cathedral City of Salisbury. It’s a wonderful area to live and work with close transport routes to London and the South West.
About the Role
Reporting to the Technical Assistant, you will work within a small friendly team, carrying out QA auditing within the business. The complex nature of our business means a strong knowledge of the entire technical system is required including Food Safety, quality assurance, allergen control, raw materials and finished product.
Objective of the role
- To support Goods In staff to enable them to perform their tasks as required
- To ensure all Customer and legislative requirements in relation to raw materials delivered to site, are met
- To test all raw materials to schedule and investigate out-of-specification results
- To positively release raw materials supplied to site, controlling any non-conforming raw materials on site, raising concessions / investigating with suppliers as required
- To collect and / or test raw material samples
- To assist in the completion of site Internal standards and GMP audit schedules
- To ensure all documentation is filed in an orderly manner
- To ensure Goods In and Raw material storage areas are suitably presented for Site audits & Customer visits
- To present information to visitors / auditors as required
- To close out all supplier complaints following a satisfactory investigation, highlighting any trends
- To maintain site equipment calibration schedule
- To ensure all glass and hard plastic items are maintained in suitable condition
- To confirm quality of finished products manufactured on site prior to release to customer
- To assist with maintenance of Supplier Approval documentation
- To assure quality of all hand wash and production water
- To ensure Goods In documentation is accurate, legible and completed in full
- To provide Technical cover in Production area in the absence of the Senior QA
- To complete project work as required by the Technical Management team
Work Experience within a similar QA role at least 2 years.
Food Safety Level 3 required or a Food Science background