Purchasing Team Leader - Bromyard, Herefordshire ,HR7 4HS
Salary : £21k - £25k pa
Phoenix Organics is a wholesaler of UK and imported organic fresh fruit and vegetables.
We specialise in supplying organic fruit and vegetables to home delivery box schemes and independent retail outlets throughout the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer care, quality produce and a commitment to ethical values and honest trading practices supporting organic agriculture in the UK.
About the role...
Phoenix Organics is embarking on an exciting period of change due to growth in the business and we are looking to revitalise and restructure the company to develop a modern and profitable example of an ethical business fit for the future. We are looking for a committed individual to work with the General Manager, and the Phoenix Organics team to lead and develop the sourcing and purchasing of our organic produce.
Main purpose of job:
- Sourcing and purchasing quality organic produce at fair and competitive prices and maintaining our overall profit margins
- Building strong relationships with existing and new suppliers in the UK and Europe
- Maintain the consistent supply of produce as required
- Proactive and forward-thinking mindset to look at new produce lines to grow and expand the business and our customer offering
- Ensure that all produce is bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time in full
- Conduct regular price, quality and service reviews with existing suppliers
- To be an Enthusiastic, passionate and a committed team member of Phoenix Organics.
- Together with GM and team members lead the transition and development to an online and computerised purchasing and sales system.
Purchasing / procurement of fresh fruit and vegetables
Ideally experience of organic produce
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Problem solving skills
- The Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Organised, methodical and excellent attention to detail
- High level of knowledge of Excel, Outlook and Word
- Embraces and is committed to IT and new technology within the purchasing and sales of produce throughout the company
Knowledge of SAGE may be an advantage.