Production Manager (Bakery), Naas
Competitive salary, 25% potential bonus and excellent benefits package
At Nomad Foods, we are excited to be into our 4th year of consecutive growth. Our portfolio of iconic brands, which includes Birds Eye, Findus, iglo, Aunt Bessie’s and Goodfella’s, have been part of consumers’ meals for generations. With 13 world class manufacturing sites and over 4,800 colleagues globally, we are well positioned to fulfil our company purpose of Serving the World with Better Food.
Our pizza business operates two manufacturing sites in Ireland (Naas and Longford) employing approximately 450 FTEs and producing c. 50k tons of Pizzas annually, predominantly under the Goodfella’s and San Marco brands and we also produce own label Pizza for many retailers in both the UK and Ireland.
The Bakery Production Manager is a key member of the sites manufacturing management team and reports directly to the Factory General Manager. You will be responsible for leading and contributing to the overall operational performance of the plan by developing and improving the five pillars of manufacturing which cover Safety, Quality, People, Output and Cost.
Some key highlights of the role include:
- Health and Safety – Managing and improving behaviours, systems and training. All accidents and near misses to be followed through to root cause and closure
- Maintaining BRC ‘A++’ standards at all times on the production floor
- Process management to ensure product is produced to specification
- Facilitating the improvement initiatives to reduce / eliminate customer complaints
- Contributing to the 100% on time in full delivery of production plan
- Management of production activities to ensure OEE targets are achieved
- Cost control – Produce to bill of material specifications /manage labour costs
- Promotion / facilitation of continuous improvement activities
- Quality Standards – Achieve target on monthly quality standards audits
We are seeking applications from experienced Production Managers (5+ years) preferably with previous experience in food production (any Bakery experience would also be a plus). You have demonstrable experience of managing and driving continuous improvement to production processes and have experience of the application of ‘Lean Tools’. A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt qualification would also be a distinct advantage as would knowledge of SAP systems. This vital role demands advanced communication, organisational and relationship building skills.
To view the full job profile and to apply, please click on the apply button above which will divert you to our careers site. We look forward to receiving your application.
At Nomad Foods we're proud to represent the world we serve by hiring diverse talent. Our inclusive culture is all about what we can achieve together.