Warehouse/FLT Operator (Leythorne)
Growing is in our nature. Over 40 years ago, we started life as a small family farm with a handful of people and a modest range of crops.
Today, we’re a global farming and food business working thousands of acres and employing thousands of people around the world to grow, process, pack and market a range of fresh produce.
Supplying our premium produce to some of the UK’s leading retailers and restaurants, we are very proud of what we do and how we do it. With our impressive green credentials, we truly are committed to sustainability, demonstrating continued investment in the latest technologies to help maintain our carbon neutral footprint.
A fantastic new opportunity for a Warehouse Operative/Forklift Driver to join our busy Logistics Team. Invitations are invited from enthusiastic individuals with a positive attitude who can demonstrate previous experience working in a fast paced, warehousing environment.
Based at our Leythorne Site and Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be passionate about providing a first class service at all times and be responsible for ensuring all operational warehousing tasks are completed in a safe, timely and efficient manner. As an experienced Forklift operator with a current counterbalance forklift licence, you will be confident in manoeuvring goods around safely both inside and out, loading and unloading of goods from delivery vehicles and storing/delivering products safely, in appropriate locations.
• Ensure safe transfer/locating of finished products to despatch from production
• Ensure safe transfer/locating of raw materials
• To be trained for all warehousing area duties across both Leythorne and Sefter sites
• Adherence to all trained SOPs
• Focus on internal and external customer satisfaction with zero errors
• To operate clean as you go principles whilst carrying out duties
• To maintain high standards of health and safety in all operating areas
• Hazards and accidents reported to the manager in a timely manner
• Focus on continuous improvement
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Forklift / Counter Balance Licence
• Previous experience in a Fresh Produce or FMCG environment (Preferred)
• Able to communicate effectively using basic verbal English
• Confident and proactive with experience working to deadlines
• Experience of working in a FMCG / Fresh food environment
• CIEH Manual Handling Level 2
• CIEH Food Safety Level 2
Why Work for Barfoots?
• Investors in People Silver Award
• Company pension scheme
• Discounted leisure membership
• Discounted vegetable box scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Approved centre for Highfield qualifications
• Free on-site parking
• Committed to sustainability