Refrigeration Engineer - Chichester
A fantastic new opportunity to join us in this newly created position, set in the heart of our busy, multi-site Engineering Department.
This position has recently been established to enable the business not only to continue to meet the regulatory and high standards demanded of the food industry sector, but also to improve on current site engineering practices to exceed the highest levels of quality and service expected by our customers. We are therefore keen to hear from suitably skilled and experienced engineering professionals who would be interested in joining our team and help establish this new, dedicated focus.
As Refrigeration Engineer, you will ensure that services and facilities are maintained effectively to ensure business continuity and customer service levels. The role will require practical hands-on skills, computer based documentation and record keeping, and management of external contractors. With responsibilities across multiple sites, you will be pro-active in identifying and implementing improvements to current practices with the support of the Engineering Department
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Maximising facilities equipment uptime and availability
- Scheduling and implementing equipment servicing and maintaining the associated plant rooms
- Ensuring all certification, calibration and essential legislative documentation is up-to-date
- Reviewing and maintaining appropriate spare parts in-line with the overall maintenance strategy
- Carrying out daily and weekly checks on facilities equipment and infrastructure
- Supporting the departmental requirement to maximise the effective use of the engineering budget
- Assisting the Engineering Manager with controlling external contractors across both the Sefter and Leythorne sites
- To operate with a continuous improvement approach, specifically in response to Health & Safety and Technical audits
- To communicate relevant information and develop strong working relationships with team members
- To lead by example and have a significant and visible presence
- Time served Mech/Elec Engineer with minimum 3 years post qualification experience
- Level 2 Diploma installation & maintenance of refrigeration systems
- Experience maintaining refrigeration systems, HVAC, compressed air & LV electrical circuits
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Identify, plan and implement PPMs
- Capable of carrying out effective RCAs
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing concepts
- Previous experience in Food Processing or an FMCG Manufacturing environment
- F Gas certificate
- 18th Edition Qualified
- Access Platform licence - Desirable
- Forklift licence - Desirable
Why work for Barfoots?
- Investors In People Silver Award status.
- Company pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- Discounted leisure membership
- Discounted vegetable box scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Approved training centre for Highfield qualifications.
- Rapidly growing company.
- Committed to Sustainability