Logistics & Purchasing ManagerFMCG Food ManufacturingCirca £35,000 (DOE) + BonusYeovil, Taunton, Glastonbury, Bridgwater, Somerset, Dorset, South West.
A leading FMCG food manufacturer is currently seeking a Logistics and Purchasing Manager with full goods in / goods out experience this is due to significant growth within the business and site expansion.
You will have experience of working in a similar fast paced environment in transport and purchasing management is highly desirable. This is a busy position that needs strong attention to detail, excellent negotiation and planning skills are essential.
Logistics & Purchasing Manager responsibilities include:
• Team leadership and management of yard staff
• Ensure the provision of trailers meets the needs of the business and are fit for purpose
• Oversee the provision of trays and pallets to ensure sufficient quantities are available to meet the needs of the business
• Liaison with and monitoring of hauliers
• Maximising capacity of trailers and pallets
• Management of consumables purchasing, ensuring sufficient stock levels, seeking best prices and negotiating terms and conditions
• Stock-taking and appropriate administration to include invoicing, PO numbers
• Monitoring and reporting on key consumables
• Team leadership and management of stores staff
You will have a positive, enthusiastic approach, be a calm and logical thinker with a drive to achieve results along with excellent knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
Applications via CV submission only.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.