As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for the management, motivation and development of the trading partnership between Greencore and Co-op, whilst developing and delivering sustained profitable growth. Responsibilities will include:
- Create and execute customer specific account plans by using trends and insight to maximise sales value and profitability through a business plan approach
- Identify and develop, in line with customer requirements, new business opportunities within the division and maximise the benefits for both parties through the development, negotiation and delivery of joint business plans
- Establish, develop and maintain close working long term relationship with key customers, building market and competitor knowledge to identify and proactively satisfy customer requirements; develop and act on potential new business opportunities
- Work proactively with the category, PD and commercial finance team to develop a product offer that improves sales and margin taking into account shopper and financial insight
- Proactively challenge the business way of working to help develop and drive positive change throughout the business and within the customer partnership
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.
We're looking for a Business Account Manager to join us on a 12 month fixed term contract which has the potential to go permanent for the right candidate.
What we’re looking for
- You'll need to be driven and ambitious with a strong background in FMCG account management within food
- We're looking for an individual with experience managing a Co-op account or experience within the Food to Go category - a background in one of these is essential for this role
- Own label experience will be advantageous but not essential
- People management skills
- Degree calibre
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Car benefit scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- PMI scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.