As Technical Services Manager you will manage the technical services function, quality systems, procedures and policies at the site ensuring finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specification, legislation and customer requirements.
- Ensure the site policies and procedures are updated and managed to demonstrate alignment with Group best practice and legal/customer compliance.
- Lead the deployment and use of the quality management system, procedures and policies to document and govern the operational processes, developing the internal audit system to ensure that the site delivers in alignment with legal and customer requirements.
- Liaise with the Raw Materials Manager and the Process Development Team to resolve raw materials issues and validate safety parameters to deliver legal compliance and to act as the customer’s liaison point for key technical reviews related to the quality management system.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Selby we employ a team over 750 colleagues. A site steeped in history, we are the UK’s number one manufacturer of customer private label cooking sauces and pickles. We have been serving our customers out of our Selby site since 1914.
We produce more than 160 million units per year across 600 different product lines for customers such as Morrisons, Tesco & Asda
What we’re looking for
- Degree calibre – Relevant Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiological qualification
- Advanced Food Hygiene level 4 or equivalent
- Level 3 HACCP certified and Level 2 Health and Safety
- Sensor Training Level 2
- Microbiological Training Level 3
- Basic allergen awareness / practical knowledge of the management of allergens
- Demonstrates experience at technologist level of working with a retailer; Expertise in interpretation of customer code of practice; Competent in the use of customer technical databases.
- Demonstrates experience of maintaining an internal audit program
- Demonstrates experience of maintaining a Quality Management System
- Demonstrates experience of technical strategy implementation
- Demonstrates experience of delivery of BRC certification and / or equivalent certification standards
- Demonstrates experience of using Root Cause Analysis techniques for problem solving
- Ability to evaluate and interpret shelf life results
- Demonstrates expertise of applying food legislation to manufacturing products
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.