A leading FMCG Food manufacturer is now seeking a Logistics Manager for their fast paced, high volume 24/7 manufacturing facility. The Logistics Manager will be responsible for the planning, development, continuous improvement, and budgetary control of raw materials in and despatch of finished goods.
The successful Logistics Manager will have strong supply chain management experience including goods in, stock control and the management of third party logistic forces in a large scale food manufacturing / distribution environment. The Logistics Manager will have a strong track record of leading and developing large teams and will have previous experience of implementing and measuring KPIs and driving best practice.
Logistic Manager responsibilities include:
- Full despatch/ distribution/ logistics ownership
- Facilitating a safe working environment through consistent application of world class logistic best practice principles and visual management, leading all personnel to conform to H&S legislation and policies.
- Ownership and management of WMS, SAP and MES day to day stock systems, minimising raw material and packaging material write off.
- Provide the main site communications link with any third party machinery and transport providers.
- Manage the forklift truck fleet for the site, including repairs and change to fleet.
- Responsible for the inspection and maintenance of site racking and shelving.
- Manage, Mentor and coach direct reports facilitating a culture of learning and personal ownership
- Achieving KPIs against company set standards
- Actively lead the CI agenda for the department; 5S, problem solving, and cost reduction etc.
- Manage the day to day interface of key site service contracts for waste management and reconciliation of recycled volumes.
Application Via CV
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.