Quality Manager - Didsbury, South Manchester
Competitive salary + benefits (pension, health & travel insurances, 25 days holiday)
Do you enjoy working in a fast-moving, international, entrepreneurial business without the bureaucracy and formalities of the bigger corporate? Are you fed up with ‘same old’ and aspire to join a small technical team in a pivotal role with real breadth and depth?
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an award-winning business and gain incredible experience to support your onward career. It’s a really exciting time to join us.
Reporting to the Technical Manager you will responsible for driving product quality forward by monitoring existing products quality and investigating complaints/NCs.
- Manage the customer complaints (cpmu) and suppliers non-conformances lifecycle via QADEX from investigation to response.
- Create detailed reports on complaints level (monthly to Q&C team and quarterly to business)
- Monitor product quality, Organising Micro / Chemical testing according to risk-based frequency schedule
- Own and manage existing QAS (Quality Attribute Sheet)
- Assess products vs agreed QAS, as per schedule
- Feedback QAS results to suppliers / St Pierre Groupe team
- Drive products improvements through root cause analysis and corrective actions agreed up with suppliers
- HACCP team member
- Maintain St Pierre Groupe A&B BRC accreditation
- Attend some first productions with NPD, to familiarise yourself with process
- Proactively work with Marketing and Commercial to create a strong cross functional working teams.
It’s essential that you are a suitably qualified and professionally confident ideally with a BSc Accredited Degree (Hons) or equivalent industrial experience.
In addition, your profile will include an understanding and working knowledge of:
- 5+ years’ experience in a QC/QA role and factory environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of HACCP
- Understanding of microbiology
- Proficient with excel (further training can be provided)
- Fast learner when it comes to IT software/programmes
- Internal audit
- Foreign object management
- Baking experience an advantage
- French speaking an advantage
About St Pierre Groupe
St Pierre Groupe Ltd is a £100m turnover international market leader in bakery products. With a strong reputation for innovation and customer service, employing 50+ people our unique business model has allowed us to create three thriving brands – St Pierre, Baker Street and Paul Hollywood. St Pierre Groupe has an international supplier and customer base. We’ve been working hard to provide our customers with our delicious products during lockdown, and are immensely proud of our team and supply partners during this period. Our business is booming in the US, UK and globally.