Front Line Manager - Avonmouth
Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working. Family is also important to us, with many of our sites having multiple generations of the same family working in the team! Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it’s baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe.
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis for a Production Front Line Manager to lead and develop all shift-based production activities while driving improvements within agreed safety, cost, quality, and timescale criteria, in order to optimize the use of all assets. You will be responsible for ensuring the shift team’s compliance with all relevant Hovis Ltd and Legislative Health & Safety requirements within the working environment.
- Ensure safety is paramount, actively leading by example delivering a zero-accident culture
- Enhance controls, processes & systems where possible
- Actions and supports the team to meet or exceed all the defined KPI’s for the shift.
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities:
- Relevant industry experience
- Leadership and people management skills – the experience of managing teams in an FMCG
- manufacturing environment
- IT literate
- Good verbal and numerate skills
- An advanced food hygiene qualification
- Plant baking qualifications
- Lean / six sigma experience
- Experience of working effectively in a Trade Union environment.
- Demonstrated experience within a manufacturing environment preferably baking.
- People management experience
- Exceptional Hovis or industry supply chain experience will be considered in lieu of
- BRC & third party audit exposure
- Food hygiene level 3
- IOSH managing safely
- HACCP level 2
- Experience of working in a bakery and Knowledge of basic baking techniques
Why work for us and our benefits:
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
- There is a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
- Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
- We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
- We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
- We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace.
Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and
respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status,
pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin,
religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other