Halal Food Production Operative - Newent
Due to continued growth we are looking for Halal Food Production Operatives to join our Factory in Newent.
We are a leading supplier of Poultry products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. With ambitious plans for the future, there hasn’t been a more exciting time to join us.
Join us as a Halal Food Production Operative and you can be a part of the ambitious team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Working Hours: 0500 – 1600 Job & Finish, 4 days a week between Monday - Friday, 5-week rotating shift pattern
Hourly Rate: £9.86 per hour plus additional shift premium
Purpose of the role:
The Halal Food Production Operative will be responsible for the bird welfare of the production line within the Arrival Primary area.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Using a blade to cull birds placed on shackles by Arrival operatives
- Comply with Bird Welfare standards
- To fully understand the importance of safe working practices and procedures related to all areas of their work and be fully aware of all the required safety equipment needed to perform his tasks and how equipment should be used.
- To fully understand and comply with all department and company policies and guidelines.
- Handling/lifting of crates averaging 15kg
- To carry out instructions as given to you by your Supervisor/Management
What we are looking for:
- Due to Halal requirements all Killing Operatives must be of Muslim religion - Essential
- Basic numeracy and Literacy – essential
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate - desirable
- Manual Handling training – desirable
A little about us:
We are a leading supplier of chicken and turkey products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
What’s in it for you?
As a valued member of our Operational team you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognized and rewarded.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.