Night Shift Hygiene Manager – High Care
Working from : Blue Earth Foods, Redditch, Worcestershire, B98 0RE
Varying shift options available :
Sunday - Thursday OR Monday - Friday both 9pm - 5am
Flexibility will be required on occasions to cover weekend evenings.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Night Shift Hygiene Manager will ensure all aspects of the hygiene service are carried out and maintained to the required standard on site for at Blue Earth Foods a leading supplier of chilled seafood products to major quality retailers throughout the United Kingdom and Europe.
- To manage the hygiene Hours and ensure all expenditure is authorised and recorded.
- To maintain detailed cleaning instructions and schedules for every hygiene activity that meet the requirements of the BRC food safety standard and major retailer safety audits.
- Responsible for the cleaning of air handling, evaporators and all aspects of high risk production equipment.
- To conduct compliance audits / inspections of internal hygiene standards and documentation.
- To manage the provision of hygiene chemicals and dosing equipment on site - to include regular reviews with chemical supplier, chemical titration checks.
- To support the Technical & QA team in obtaining water samples for testing and participating in microbiological investigations or projects to drive improvements in the site hygiene standards.
- To provide training and awareness for all hygiene and waste handling staff in all procedures relevant totheir role.
- Attend regular catch up meetings and Monthly KPI meetings.
- Recruit colleagues to ensure vacancies are filled quickly.
- Mimimum of Level 3 Food Safety Qualification, Desireable Level 4.
- Experience of working in a senior Hygiene management role in a food or FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of High Care food environment.
- Experience of Working with HACCP
- People management experience
- Experience of BRC and major retailer audits.
- Experience leading and working with a diverse workforce