This company is dedicated to the production, innovation and development of salmon and fish products for manufacturing, retail, food service and wholesale industries. They are currently seeking a Technical Manager for their state of the art, BRC accredited site in Lanarkshire.
Reporting to the Group Technical Director, the position will take full responsibility for ensuring the compliance, legality and safe manufacturing of products to our customers standards and specifications, while driving a technical culture through the site.
Key Result Areas:
- Ensure products are manufactured to the agreed standards and specifications
- Responsible for all audits including maintaining the sites BRC certification
- Managing the Technical & Quality Standards
- Manage the prerequisite’s – HACCP, TACCP, Internal Audits and Supplier Approval
- Manage and motivate a small team
- To design, communicate and implement technical policies, procedures and documentation
- Manage the compliance and development of the Quality Management System
- Ensure validity of product specifications
- Ensure compliance with labelling
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous team management experience
- In-depth working knowledge of HACCP, BRC and Internal Auditing Systems.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation and industry standards and be very familiar with Food Safety, Allergen Control, Microbiology and Quality Assurance.
- Level 3 or 4 HACCP and Level 3 or 4 Food Safety
Previous experience of working with fish highly regarded.
Indicative Salary Range: £30000 - 38000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.