Senior Development Chef - Park Royal, London
Healthy Food Central Production Unit (hand made fresh meals, daily delivery)
Full-time Mon-Fri, 10:00am - 6:00pm
Fresh Fitness Food is a business on a mission to become the world’s premier science-based nutrition company, educating the world about their health and nutrition, as well as providing them with the fuel and convenience they need to maintain a high-performing lifestyle.
We provide a macro-specific bespoke meal delivery service, delivered fresh (not frozen) daily within London. We tailor every aspect of the food to match our client’s goals and lifestyle. Meals are delivered directly to our clients’ houses daily (between midnight and 6 am) to cut-out the middlemen & wastage (supermarkets) in our branded cooler bags.
We have exciting plans for 2021 and beyond, with plans to go international in the not-too-distant future. We are looking to speak to passionate foodies for a Development Chef role for developing and creating fantastic meals that are about sustainability, convenience and healthy nutrition.
You will work at our Central Production Unit (CPU) in Park Royal, London.
Key areas of responsibility:
● Recipe ideation across the full scope of the menu; mains, snacks, sweet snacks, smoothies, vegan meals (must have experience in vegan cooking)
● Create and implement new cooking methods for cooking at scale and creating exciting flavours and beautiful end products
● Test all components for cooking at scale, taste over time and presentation
● Work closely with The Head of Food and Chief Operating Officer on sourcing and testing new ingredients and suppliers
● Writing detailed recipes, methods and adding in imagery for each step
● Working with the nutrition team to add full nutrition specs for each meal component
● Assist with meal labelling
● Upskilling and training the chefs on the cook line
We are looking for a specialist who can be part of the journey and be really hands on across all areas, working with the Head of Food to create meals that keep our clients excited to open their bag everyday. Ideally the individual will understand the importance of developing detailed recipes and training manuals that anyone in the business can follow.
You must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the trends within hospitality, retail and global food markets. Knowledge of what’s coming in hot from street vendors, as well as international food trends, is key.
The chosen candidate will have to work well within a team as this role will be based within a busy kitchen. You will also work cross functionally, both with our Nutrition team and Product teams, your recipes will form a critical part of our digital business platform, LAVO+.
● Understand ‘what good looks and tastes like’ and best practices in terms of food manufacturing processes
● You organise like a pro, with a natural drive to plan and track projects - you are detail oriented, able to clearly brief others and balance priorities in a dynamic high pace environment.
● You are a confident communicator and thrive in a team environment. You know how to handle difficult situations and character types to get the very best out of everyone
● You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
● You are a resilient self-starter with a real passion for the art of great tasting food and harmonious systems
● University level degree in a business-related field is preferable, but not required
● You have a food safety qualification (HACCP level 2 minimum)