Despatch Operative - Newent
It is vital the food industry continues operating throughout these uncertain times, and as one of the UK’s largest food businesses we have a key part to play in this to help continue to feed the nation.
We’re seeking motivated and enthusiastic people to join our team and help us maintain our position as a trusted market leader.
We are currently recruiting for Despatch Operatives at our site based in Newent. To be a successful Despatch Operative in our Newent team you will need enthusiasm, commitment and an eagerness to learn. Whilst undergoing on the job training, you will also undertake development in the areas of food safety and health & safety.
Join us as a Despatch Operative and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 0530-1430 / 1430-2330 rotating shifts
Hourly Rate: £9.33 per hour plus shift premium
Purpose of the role:
As a member of the Despatch team within Newent, you’ll help facilitate efficient loading of products for delivery to our customers for Avara Foods and you will ensure correct products are picked and loaded to customer specifications
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Pick product to order for out load using a handheld scan gun
- Load product to customers and internally ensuring the product is correctly identified, temperatures are taken and recorded and all relevant paperwork is accurately documented
- Carry out pre-operational checks on electric pedestrian trucks to ensure the trucks are maintained and in safe operational condition.
- Collate all relevant paperwork on out load ensuring an accurate record of stock & out loads by shift
What we are looking for:
- Good level of numeracy and communication- essential
- Effective organisation & time management skills- essential
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Food Manufacturing- desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role in a food manufacturing industry- desirable
- Basic Food Hygiene, Manual Handling and Electric Truck License- desirable
A little about us:
Avara Foods is one of the UK’s largest food businesses, supplying chicken and turkey to the nation’s most popular supermarkets and restaurants. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
What's in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- Minimum pay of £9.33 per hour, plus additional shift premium
- Employee benefits scheme including discount shopping vouchers and lifestyle benefits
- Competitive Pension
- A dynamic working environment
- Realistic opportunities for training and development
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.