£45,000 - £55,000 (DoE)
(+£6,500 Car Allowance + Bonus + Healthcare)
Job Reference: GG/8240
This is a key role with a large food manufacturer which supplies branded and own-label products to all the major retailers. Reporting into the Group Head of Technical, you will be responsible for Food Safety and Quality on a heavily audited site of around 450 people.
- To co-ordinate all technical quality activities to ensure that products are manufactured against agreed specifications.
- To develop and maintain a robust auditing programme that continues to meet the requirements set by all audit bodies.
- To develop the site technical strategy, to show continuous improvement and added value.
- To support the central technical team to develop consistent best practice policies whist looking for alternative ways to solve problems
- Delivery of site technical KPI’s,
- To be customer facing on all technical issues and to support the commercial counterparts where required to ensure business continuity
- Primary contact with Government and Non-Governmental organisational bodies – Inclusive of retailer interface.
- To develop & support robust corrective action plans to ensure any consumer or customer dissatisfaction is addressed
- To agree specifications that are achievable and review to ensure that customer satisfaction is always met
- To develop a quality culture throughout the manufacturing site by supporting the FGM and senior team to continuously improve against standards
- To develop clear hygiene standards ensuring that corrective actions that may cause risks are dealt with in a timely manner
- Undertakes investigations on any internal incidents that have led to contaminated product leaving site control
- To oversee all site technical contracts ensuring that they are managed and delivering against agreed KPI’s
- To ensure that there is a formal handover from the packaging team ensuring that all documentation is available and that quality standards are maintained.
- To ensure that there is a formal handover of new products from NPD and that all documentation is available and that products quality standards are achievable
- To develop robust capital plans for continuous quality improvements inclusive of supporting documentation
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience.
- FMCG experience
- Problem solving, strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong IT skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Self starter
- Organisation and prioritisation.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communications.
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 0161 832 7463 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GG/8240.