Engineer - Haddenham, Aylesbury, HP17 8LB
This position is an engineering resource on shift offering Electrical and Mechanical expertise maintenance and repair of plant and equipment. Improves plant efficiency through continuous improvement processes, communicates effectively with the team (verbal and written) on issues and recommendations where necessary, while ensuring shifts KPI’s are achieved.
- Direct Engineering resource to ensure that preventative maintenance schedules and systems are 100% completed in line with system timeframes, whilst continually reviewing their effectiveness.
- To schedule and execute planned maintenance activities with the, considering production plans and labor availability.
- To ensure that plant changeovers are carried out promptly, with measured efficiency. To ensure that parts are available and are in good working order at all times.
- To respond swiftly and effectively to breakdown and emergency situations, making effective use of all resource.
- To communicate effectively with the Engineering Team.
- Working within the engineering team in a ‘hands-on’ capacity.
- Direct Engineering resource in the event of equipment failure. Work and advise counterparts within operations on recommendations in resolution of failure scenarios, verbally.
- Contractor Control – ensure appropriate Risk assessment, LOTO Procedures, permit procedures are complied with.
- Ensure that PPM schedules and works orders are completed within agreed time frames, ensuring breakdowns are closed out (where necessary), with PPM pro-forma advising on parts required.
- On completion of maintenance work, ensure that equipment is serviceable and runs as expected, in readiness for production.
Health & Safety
- Ensure the safe working of engineering function (particularly in areas of isolation and safe entry) using existing ‘in house’ documentation.
- To make the workplace a safe environment by ensuring:
a. All company and legal requirements are met and maintained.
b. Safety equipment is properly maintained, checked and recorded.
c. Safe working practices are promoted at all times with all checks and job sign-offs completed.
- To ensure all Quality Management Systems are adhered to and properly documented.
- To ensure Engineering GMP targets are achieved with standards being understood and adhered to by all team members.
- To understand food safety legislation, including HACCP in line with the responsibilities of the role and to ensure that the team’s outputs meet these standards.
- To ensure all documentation is clearly completed, filed and available for internal and external auditors.
- To work with Production and Quality teams to improve and develop operating practices which enhance product quality and customer service.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- To assist with the integration of new equipment with the manufacturing, operations and project teams
- Education: Time served Engineer - minimum HNC mechanical/electrical.
- Experienced in food, or consumer products industry is seen as an asset
- An awareness of HACCP, PUWER, LOLA and COSHH.
- Must be an effective team player
- Able to work on own initiative and have ability to highlight continuous Improvement opportunities
- PC literate (Experience of Word, Lotus Notes and Excel Spreadsheets)
- Must be able to troubleshoot and fault-find within a production facility
- Good communication skills – ability to effectively communicate with both suppliers and internal customers
- Logical thinker and problem solver
- Must possess the energy and drive to ‘get things done’
- Can plan to a specified time scale
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.