Global Purchasing Manager - Capsicums
Haddenham, Aylesbury, HP17 8LB
Responsible for assigned categories and the development of global category strategies and programs to optimize cost, rationalize the supply base and bring value to the Corporation while mitigating risk. Includes coordinating and leading strategy execution activity. Participation in the development of OGSM and Procurement planning activities.
- Establishes and executes strategies for their categories globally. Leads supplier performance management through the negotiations of procured materials and services to assure optimal TCO (Cost, Quality, Delivery, Innovation) achieved. Develops and implements strategies to assure lowest overall cost while mitigating risk to the Corporation.
- Where applicable, directs the efforts of subordinates to establish and maintain reliable sources of supply and supervise the negotiation of procured materials and services. Manages and develops personnel and recruitment activity to promote an efficient operation as well as assuring a high level of motivation and morale
- Promotes high level of customer satisfaction in supporting the needs of Divisional projects & requirements for Purchasing guidance & leadership. Engagement with senior procurement personnel to ensure category alignment with regional strategies
- Participates and leads change management efforts while creating true alignment & integration internally and externally. Acts as internal consultant.
- Provides information to Regional Procurement for Level I & II Supply and Quality Issues; actively involved team participating in Level II Supply & Quality issues
- Participates in the financial planning and forecasting process as well as provides periodic relevant market information and dynamics to internal stakeholders for all global regions
A degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Accounting or applicable field of study
CPM or APICS certification is seen as an asset
Extensive experience in Purchasing/Supply Chain environment with appropriate business experience
Proven experience from project management, execution of large, multiple or cross-functional projects.
Comfortable with managing, leading developing dynamic work teams
Direct Buying Experience Required; Capsicum Buying Experience or similar category preferred
Experience interacting with senior stakeholders
Global origin experience
Understanding of supply markets and impact of supply and demand
Consensus driven, autonomous in actions
Able to work in cross-functional environment and drive engagement
Superior communication skills and ability to articulate a message
Natural Curiosity, High Energy
Flexible with travelling (10-20% of work time)
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people and our planet.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and flavors to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers in 150 countries and territories in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a culture based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, ethics and integrity and growth.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team with a passion for flavour, then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.