Manufacturing First Line Manager
Location: Lightbody of Hamilton, Scotland, ML3 0DW
Provide first line leadership for operating teams to deliver the range of operational key performance indicators (KPI’s) on an hourly and shift basis. In your role you will be accountable for the daily operational aspect of your designated line/ area. You will be responsible for ensuring the production of quality products in a safe and organised working environment.
Role Key Accountabilities:
- Labour costs at or better than budget for manning and efficiency ensuring optimising labour numbers across Ops 1 and Ops 2.
- Yields and materials usage at or better than budget.
- Downtime at or better than budget.
- Shift manufacturing reporting is accurate and timely.
- Team skills matrices developed and maintained.
- Quality: Zero withdrawals/recalls and contribute to target complaints per million Year on Year (YoY) improvement. Reduction YoY of product hold for line.
- Green every day Audit & GMP compliance for own area.
- Leading and lagging safety leadership performance. Reduction in total accidents YOY for line.
- Attendance at or above target.
- Ensure area achieves conformance to plan on a daily and weekly basis
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in managing people including leading a team
- Have worked in a process FMCG environment
- Can demonstrate a sound understanding of the manufacturing process
- Numeracy to understand costs and how to improve
- Literacy – clear report writing
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for breakdowns / quality /waste issues
- Basic PC skills to support communication, analysis and reporting
- Educated to ILM L2 or equivalent in related vocational subject
- Be conversant with plant and process engineering to understand the nature of issue
- Previous experience of food manufacturing
Hours of Work: 4on4off Shift Pattern, 06.00am-18.00pm