Location: Kara Foodservice, Whitefield, Manchester, M45 8FJ
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bakery Operative to join our team here at Kara Foodservice. You will be working 4 shifts per week between Sunday and Friday, rotating between days and nights each week. Your total working hours per week will be 46 hours. Rate of pay will be £9.00 per hour increasing to £10.00 per hour on successful completion of your probationary period. Please note, there are numerous openings available for this role.
Purpose of Job:
Work closely with your team to co-ordinate activities within the designated area. These activities will be designed to ensure the efficient manufacture of the finished product to the correct specification, maintaining the highest standards of quality throughout.
You will report to the Team Leader and ensure that strict health, safety and hygiene standards are always adhered to, ensuring our products are produced to the highest quality.
Principle Accountabilities/ Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work together with the other members of the team, to ensure the performance of your area meets the production plan.
- Monitor quality at your designated area.
- Ensure performance and product quality is maintained in your area by adherence to plant set up, technical specifications and quality assurance processes.
- Support and participate with the graded operators and line leader to achieve the efficient set up of plant at start of production and at product changeovers.
- Complete the required paperwork for your area to the correct standard.
- Ensure Hygiene and Housekeeping practices are being carried out.
- Ensure that good Health and Safety practices and behaviours are adopted at all times.
- Participate in company initiatives on training and development of yourself.
- Experience within a similar working environment, preferably in manufacturing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships.
- Confidence to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Must have basic Reading, Writing and Numeracy.