Vitacress Salads is now recruiting for a Development Technologist to be based at our SMB site with travel to Runcton, customers and suppliers.
The key purpose of this role is to take the lead in developing new products, formats and packaging from initial concept through development to factory production, within the Vitacress strategic framework across both private label and branded business.
Working to tight deadlines, there will be high pressure situations and requirements to work with colleagues across business functions.
Responsibilities & duties include:
- Generate innovative and competitively advantaged ideas for new products / packaging / processes based on sound consumer insight in line with the strategic direction of the business
- Lead research into new materials, flavours, formats & packaging and identify new suppliers
- Develop & validate concepts through research and assessment of new raw materials, recipe development, kitchen samples & nutritional analysis
- Assess feasibility and commercial viability of new ideas
- Create and own the development specification and briefing project teams and suppliers
- Ensure new products & packs are scaled up successfully: ownership - planning, preparation, and successful execution of process development and line trials incl materials, documents, technical & quality standards.
- The ideal candidate will have a food science related qualification as well as relevant product, packaging and process development experience in chilled foods. Experience of managing the transition from kitchen to factory scale is essential. Curiosity, can do attitude and a passion for food and flavours are must haves.
- The right candidate will have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, communication skills (written, verbal & presentation) and problem solving skills with the ability to work proactively with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment. There will be UK travel so a full driving licence is essential.