Reliability Manager - Hereford
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager seeking a new challenge in your career? Are you motivated to create an impact and inspire those around you? Do you have a passion for continuous improvement? If so, we are looking for a Reliability Manager to join our Engineering team based at our site in Hereford.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Manager, you will provide technical leadership and mentoring for all Reliability Engineers in reducing equipment downtime by undertaking continuous improvement activities and projects
It is vital the food industry continues operating throughout these uncertain times, and as one of the UK’s largest food businesses we have a key part to play in this to help continue to feed the nation.
Join us as a Reliability Manager and you can be a part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Purpose of the role
The Reliability Manager will lead a team of professional and technical colleagues in the development, implementation and optimisation of the sites equipment and process reliability strategy enabling the site to sustainably meet its annual production requirements and business plans
Your key responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that robust preventative & predictive maintenance strategies, plans and procedures exist for the installed asset
- Identify and implement appropriate technologies to provide an effective Condition based maintenance regime, providing professional advice on the interpretation of readings and component life predictions
- Drive a zero loss culture through the routine analysis of operational and maintenance performance, with the timely implementation of preventative actions to eradicate all equipment breakdowns and process upsets
- Undertake and facilitate Root Cause Analysis investigations, And After-Action Reviews on significant process issues, equipment failures and inefficiencies, to prevent re-occurrence
- Lead the Site Management of Change process for all modifications/alternations to the installed production asset base and services equipment
- Develop and manage the team’s overall Revenue and Capital investment plans generated in support of plant reliability
- Management of site contracts and contractor standards, developing and implementing technical audits to verify capability and quality of the service provision
What we are looking for:
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer or working towards
- Suitable experience of plant maintenance in a reliability/maintenance management role within a relevant industry
- Experience of RCM/TPM
A little about us:
We are a leading supplier of chicken and turkey products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. As an Engineering Reliability Manager, you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. As an Engineering Reliability Manager, you can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
- 33 days annual leave
- Life assurance cover
- Private Medical Cover
- 6% pension contribution
- Various lifestyle benefits
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.