This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
Reliability Lead - Peterborough
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Provide leadership, direction, and functional expertise to the Plant for its asset management strategy.
- Lead the Planned Maintenance (PM) strategy focused on building Employee capability and driving Employee engagement through implementation of high-performance work systems to achieve exceptional business results.
- Lead, train and develop the systems such as Breakdown Elimination, Planning and Scheduling to reduce Mainteance Spend and Storeroom Inventory, while ensuring the plant’s asset’s are continouosly improved and maintained to standard.
- Create and execute the site PM Pillar Plan and Strategy in line with Journey to Excellence (JTE, McCormick term for Continuous Improvement) Masterplan.
- Lead and support Plant PM assessments, audits, and training Connect Plant, CI and Maintenance Leaders to PM methodology and progress
- Ensure the optimal technology (e.g. CMMS) is deployed to create visibility of Maintenance losses.
- Asset management strategy is developed and deployed with 3-year plan developed, deployed and managed
- Collaborate and support of the Facility Capital Plan and provide input to Site Capital Plan
- Create linkage between PM and other pillars (e.g. Autonomous Maintenance Step 3 and 4 standards and Training and Development skills matrix)
- Own PM KPIs including Maintenance Cost, Storeroom Inventory, and Breakdowns
- Quality control and alignment on all facilities maintenance related tasks via service providers
- Recommend and provide support for Maintenance Org Design at a Site, Dept, Line and Shift level
- Development of maintenance training needs analyses and matrix
- Build a Mechanical and Electrical succession plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related discipline is required
- Demonstratable working experience in Manufacturing operations.
- Experience and fluency in CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems), understanding of TPM methodology and PM practices
- Background in mature TPM organization.
- Team and Operations Leadership experience preferred
- Provide mid-level sponsorship (coaching, teaching, resistance management, etc) to the team.
- Ability to provide key insights to leadership to influence priority development.
- Ability to create people change plan for strategic initiatives.
- Ability to develop action plans, obtain or assign resources, and align day-to-day processes to achieve strategic goals.
- Ability to use appropriate root cause analysis decision tools for decision making.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.