Production Operative - Process - FTC, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DD
These are shift based roles, working on a 24/7 shift pattern on a 4 on 4 off basis. 2 days, followed by 2 nights, with 4 day off. (6.00am to 6.00pm / 6.00pm to 6.00am) days and nights.
The role comes with a package including an hourly rate of £10.85 (Production: Grade 3) plus shift allowance (equals an annual salary of £25,497.33), a pension scheme and free onsite parking.
In January this year we opened our new Milton Keynes site and began production shortly after. Milton Keynes is very much complementary to the current Refresco UK footprint and strengthens our capabilities in canning. The acquisition is part of the Refresco 'Buy and Build' Strategy and enables us to strengthen our accelerated growth.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Production Operative to work in Process, on a 6 month fixed term contract, to join our new team, you will be jointly responsible for the efficiency and to produce Can's that meet Refresco's quality standards, whilst demonstrating company values. Experience in an FMCG production environment is preferred. Previous mixing/syrup room is desirable.
Ensure the processes and operations are carried out effectively and at the appropriate time, maintaining a ‘First time quality’ mind set in all operations.
- To operate equipment within the syrup rooms and store areas using health and safety rules at all times while maintaining targeted output with minimal interruption
- Follow set production programmes, understanding the importance of running to plan and association between production schedule and product specifications
- Carry out correct start up and shutdown procedures.
- Plan the day-to-day operation of your area to ensure ‘emergency situations do not arise through lack of raw materials. I.e. any ingredients such as sugar deliveries.
- Adhere to product specifications, use Company Quality Systems and take corrective action to safe guard product quality.
- Prioritise responsibilities to ensure housekeeping and hygiene standards are at acceptable levels; sanitising of equipment to include mixing vessels and storage tanks before other duties are carried out.
- Perform all QA checks. I.e. ATP testing, Lab testing and ensure all records and paperwork are completed legibly and accurately (e.g. handover sheets, quality records, maintenance schedules and cleaning records.)
- Follow Company procedures for the correct disposal of waste ensuring a ‘clean as you go’ philosophy is adapted to maintain syrup room housekeeping standards in line with a food manufacturing environment
Our current UK Business unit has seven manufacturing plants providing a great place to work for 1600 employees producing private label soft drinks and fruit juices for all the leading retailers including Tesco, ASDA, Morrison's, Sainsburys, ALDI and Lidl. We also manufacture for branded customers such as Innocent, Ocean Spray, Weetabix, Del Monte and Um Bongo. Whether it's packed in Cartons, PET, Aseptic PET or Cans, we ensure that our products are not only manufactured to the highest quality standards but they get where they need to be when they need to get there to meet the needs of our high profile customers.