Production Operative - Hereford
Do you have experience within the hospitality and catering sector? Are you looking to transfer and develop your invaluable skills? Do you have experience and passion for maintaining high standards?
It is vital the food industry continues operating throughout these uncertain times, and as one of the UK’s largest food businesses we have a key part to play in this to help continue to feed the nation. We continue to operate with secure measures in place to help protect colleagues.
We know these are challenging times, but at Avara Foods we have a variety of new opportunities available within our production environments. If you have worked within the hospitality or catering sectors, you have invaluable skills and hands on experience delivering high standards and operating within fast paced environments which you could transfer into a permanent new role. Experience within a food manufacturing isn’t essential, as full training is available and we will support you in Functional Skills, Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Qualifications.
As a business that values its colleagues and encourages career progression, join us today if you want to transfer and develop your skills and be part of the aspiring team that brings Avara Foods to life.
Our Hereford site currently have a variety of opportunities available with immediate starts, guaranteed hours and flexible options to suit, with both permanent and fixed term contracts available.
Working Hours vary dependant on role but are usually: Monday to Friday 05:00-14:00 / 14:00-23:00 OR Monday to Thursday 21:00-05:00 Friday 17:00-01:00.
Purpose of the role
As an integral member of the team you will ensure the different customer’s needs are met to the required quality and safety standards for Avara Foods.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Achieving agreed quality standards relating to temperature, grading, wrapping, preparation, Weighing and packing products ready for despatch.
- Carrying out all duties in line with bird welfare, food legislation, customer specifications and requirements.
- To meet housekeeping and hygiene standards individually and as part of a team.
- Adhering to health and safety at all times and follow all tasks in line with food safety rules
- To carry out instructions as given to you by your Team Leader/Management
What we are looking for
Experience within food manufacturing isn’t necessary as full training will be provided.
- Passionate for food and serving customers to high standards
- Functional skills in English and Maths.
- The ability to work well within a team and communicate with all levels of staff
- Good attention to detail and a flexible attitude to tasks
- Food hygiene certificate is desirable but not essential
A little about us
We are a leading supplier of chicken and turkey products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people.
The growth of our business is based on providing a high quality, affordable product and delivering great service levels to our customers. This is achieved by investing in people, utilising the latest technology and being uncompromising in our commitment to high quality and food standards.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to making sure our employees reap rewards of commitment and great performance. You will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognised and rewarded.
We offer comprehensive training as well as development and career progression opportunities. You can also look forward to benefits that amongst other things include the following:
• Minimum pay of £9.28 per hour, plus additional shift premium
• Employee benefits scheme including discount shopping vouchers and lifestyle benefits
• Competitive Pension
• A dynamic working environment.
• Realistic opportunities for training and development
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today!
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer.