Production Operator Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
£17,000 - £25,000 (DOE and shift allowance)
At Mars, your pet's health is our obsession. We focus our attention on the unique needs of cats and dogs. That obsession with detail is what makes it possible for us to deliver detailed, effective nutrition, and help them become their magnificent best!
Due to extra demand we now have several exciting opportunities for individuals seeking employment to join the Mars Petcare team on varied shifts (24/7, 12hrs 4 on 4 off days and nights or 24/5 Monday to Friday 12 hours days and nights) at Melton as Production Operators.
The role of a Production Operator is to operate, control and monitor machinery within a specified area; to optimise efficiency, product quality and safety and maintain a professional, clean manufacturing environment.
Without the hard work of our production team our product would never be able to reach the market, so the production operator role is crucial to the business!
What are we looking for?
- Educated to GCSE level
- Experience of an FMCG environment would be desirable.
- FLT licence would be a nice to have but not crucial.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Technical or engineering skills/qualifications beneficial but not essential.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- The efficient operation of plant and machinery on their line in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Ensure comprehensive records and logs are maintained and effective shift handovers are carried out.
- Regular quality checks to ensure we are producing first class products.
- Contribute, support and improve team performance by working collaboratively, sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Ownership of high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in your area.
- Ordering and managing supplies of materials required for production
- Identification and resolution of basic faults in processes or machines in their area
- Changeover of machinery between different formats (adhering to standard changeover times)
What can you expect from Mars?
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including excellent pension.
- Great career progression and a range of inhouse training.
- Pet-friendly offices, where your pet’s enjoyment, is as high on our agenda as yours.
- A company that understands the importance of a work-life balance.
- The chance to take hold of your own career and develop personally and expertly.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 125,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
A note to candidates re COVID-19:
The care of our 125,000 Mars Associates is at the center of how we are running our business during the COVID-19 pandemic. Keeping our Associates safe & preventing the spread of the virus is of the upmost importance for us. This includes candidates applying and interested in working for Mars. While we have open jobs available, the health, safety & wellbeing of all involved is our top priority, and we are taking action & guidance from leading health authorities & local governments. As a result, our application & recruitment processes have been adapted to be conducted virtually. Learn more about these changes here.