Assistant Product Development Manager, Hull
6 months Fixed Term Contract (Extension possible)
Competitive salary and benefit package
At Nomad Foods, we are excited to be into our 4th year of consecutive growth. Our portfolio of iconic brands, which includes Birds Eye, Findus, iglo, Aunt Bessie’s and Goodfella’s, have been part of consumers’ meals for generations. With 13 world class manufacturing sites and over 4,800 colleagues globally, we are well positioned to fulfil our company purpose of Serving the World with Better Food.
Due to an internal secondment we have an exciting fixed term opening for an Assistant Development Manager to work from our offices in Hull. This key role will be responsible for delivering R&D tasks mostly within the design stage of the new product development process with some specific responsibilities covering:
- Maintaining awareness of consumer habits, practices, usage, needs and preference drivers within the allocated product area
- Gaining knowledge of key ingredients, supply chains and manufacturing processes through conducting trials and regular contact with suppliers, procurement and supply units
- Technical project management of straightforward NPD & EPD projects (e.g. a new variant) in accordance with the agreed procedures to ensure successful and timely delivery of the projects
- Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues in R&D and other functions (Marketing, Supply Chain, TQS, Procurement etc.)
- Collation and the reporting of accurate technical data
- Maintaining a constant awareness of competitor activity
Applicants will hold a food science/nutrition qualification and have previous food product development experience managing NPD from concept to launch. Previous FMCG/frozen/savoury food experience would be a distinct advantage.
A passion for food is essential and the role requires the ability to “self-start” and work independently with minimum supervision. Some travelling will also be required.
To view the full job description and to apply please click on the apply button above to visit our careers centre. We look forward to your application.