Hain Daniels in Fakenham are currently recruiting for a number of Production Team Leaders. Fakenham is our dedicated Meat Free facility, producing vegetarian products under the Linda McCartney Foods brand and retail own label. This is a site that has made a large investment into machinery, products and employees and has seen a 30% growth year on year, with predicted consistent growth in the future. If you're looking for job security and an environment where you can further develop your career that we would love to hear from you.
The Site Operational Team is transitioning to a 4 on 4 off, 12 hour shifts, fixed nights . 6pm-6am
The Team Leader will be a visible point of contact within the production areas for all staff. To manage the day-to-day efficient running of the meat free operations to deliver competitive advantage, optimising customer service, innovation, quality, and cost in a safe working environment.
To efficiently manage the storage, control, supply and movement of all materials, packaging and finished stock within the area, minimising waste at all process stages.
- Control all aspects of Operations by the efficient management of Senior Skilled, Skilled, and Production Operatives.
- Ensure the appropriate storage of equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Comply with all Health & Safety and Legislative requirements.
- Ensure all relevant KPI's are maintained, monitored and communicated to the team.
- Ensure all Standard Operative Procedures (SOP) are up-to-date and operator compliant.
- Ensure accurate and efficient data control - timely compliance with Quality Control records, use of Movex and Scada, and all other relevant paperwork / systems.
- Through effective and regular meetings with peers and the wider team to ensure that all opportunities for improvement are captured, evaluated and implemented if applicable.
- Control and manage the training and coaching of all Operatives, ensuring any time-bound training is captured and updated.
- Interface with customer / Technical visits.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping.
- Maintain and update any H&S Risk Assessments, complete regular Tops Talks and Near Miss reports.
- Conduct root cause analysis investigations e.g. 5 'whys', to support improvement activity and non-conformance.
- Key management responsibilities including: absence management, team performance management, investigations and disciplinary management, respond to grievance matters, identify training and development needs for your team.
What you will need for the role / what it will take
- Team Leader experience or equivalent within the food industry.
- Demonstrable understanding of the Food industry, processes & equipment.
- Demonstration of Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement experience.
- Up-to-date understanding of relevant legislative policies and procedures.
- Appreciation and understanding of Health & Safety.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Food Hygiene would be desirable.
- You will be required to work 12 hour night shifts as well as day shifts.
What can we offer you?
- Rate of pay £11.20 per hour.
- Be part of a growing business
- Support progression to match our ambition
- Competitive rate of pay
- On-going training and development
- A day off work to support our charity partners
- Medical benefit
- And access to a HUB that offers many discounts from a range of suppliers and retailers
The Hain Daniels Group is one of the UK's leading food companies. With sales of c£500m, we create food and drink products with natural goodness at their core. We're the business behind a host of household brands - Hartley's jams and jellies, Sun-Pat peanut butters, New Covent Garden Soup Co., Linda McCartney's meat free food, and Yorkshire Provender to name a few. Nearly half of our business is private label - we create quality freshly prepared fruit and juices, desserts, soups, sweet spreads and meat free products for our retail partners.
To make it easier for everyone to lead a healthier, balanced lifestyle. Without our great team of people, this vision couldn't be our reality.
Top Talent across the UK
Over our 12 sites up and down the UK, we employ circa 3,100 people in roles within Production, Supply Chain, Product Development, Sales and Marketing, and through to our Finance, HR, IT and beyond. Each of our colleagues is vital to our continued success. That's why we target the best talent, and help to develop them through the ranks. In fact, almost a third of our vacancies were internal promotions and transfers last year.
Learning and Development
We offer Management and Leadership Development programmes appropriate to an individual's role and skill level, as well as a broad range of other training and development initiatives, including an extensive e-Learning suite to help self-serve your own development further.
If Hain Daniels sounds like the company you'd like to contribute your energy and enthusiasm towards, and come on an exciting journey with us, then we can't wait to hear from you!