Project Engineer (North)
Up to £50,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Healthcare
Job Reference: GG/8133
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious and fast-growing food business that is investing heavily in its products, infrastructure and people.
If you have a strong background in Engineering (any discipline) and have been actively engaged in the delivery of Projects for at least 3 years, please don’t hesitate to apply.
- Manage the delivery of various capital projects throughout the UK ensuring the complexity, cost, time-constraints are fully understood and managed.
- Continually monitor progress to ensure meeting of specific deadlines.
- Responsible for all stages of projects from development through to delivery including URS creation, tendering and supplier selection, Resource, time and cost management, Control of contractors with CDM, Contract management, FAT, SAT and formal handback and project closure.
- Support project development through Engineering capability as part of full Lifecyle project delivery in the capability function.
- Ensure projects are delivered to a high quality of engineering and technical standard
- Flawless management of changes to the scope and schedule of the project.
- Lead project update meetings, and document project status and issues.
- Appraise senior managers and of project status, issues and concerns.
- Actively pursue issue resolution and communicate project status/issues to business stakeholders and operational management.
- Possess a robust knowledge of technical and business resources and use them to effectively deliver key projects.
- Provide the necessary supporting documentation for the business to evaluate, prioritise and determine the cost effectiveness of initiatives.
- Experience delivering Engineering Projects in Project Engineering Position
- BA - Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and related work experience (proven track record)
- Developed strategic thinker able to balance short- and long-term goals and comfortable taking risks for the benefit of the business.
- Strong engineering skills with attention to delivering sustainable results that exceed customer, sponsor and stakeholder expectations.
- Communication skills – verbal and non-verbal with the ability to positively engage, motivate and influence an audience.
- Natural networker with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with all types of people within an organisation.
- Personal resilience in environments which are open to change and challenge.
- A willingness to travel extensively as part of the role
To apply for this role, please contact Gilbert Gregory at Silven on either 01618327463, 07487732962 or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GG/8133.