Line Leader - Staplehurst, Kent, TN12 0RN
Do you want to be a part of something that might just change the world? We are one of the UK’s top fruit growers and we're focused on the bigger picture....feeding the nation with high quality fresh produce whilst actively changing the way we do this that will protect the land and our planet for years to come.
At Bardsley England we're extremely passionate about getting the best out of our people. Are we perfect? Absolutely not. But one thing that sets us apart is our pride in having a team of people striving every day to provide our customers with the best fruit possible.
- In addition to all of the normal duties of a fruit packer you will be expected to
- Run the packing line as efficiently as possible,
- Ensuring that all packers are familiar with the product being packed and the packaging required to allow the product to be packed to specification of the customer.
- Give guidance and training to staff as necessary
- Help to manage all changeovers of fruit on the packing line, by using the plan that has been prepared by the pack house manager to reposition staff, prepare packaging for the line and checking that packers have the correct materials for the job required.
- You will be responsible for issuing bags and labels to staff, it is your responsibility to ensure that you issue the correct bags and labels.
- Continual on- line quality checks are to be made to ensure that the quality standards meet the customers’ needs and that over grading is not occurring.
- You are expected to ensure that all areas of the pack house are kept clean and tidy as possible and to help promote a culture of “clean as you go “and supervising the staff at the end of the day to carry out the pack house cleaning schedule.
- Ensure that all members off staff are happy with their working conditions, and to report any concerns over staff or staffing with the pack house manager without any undue delay.
- To report any sign of mechanical problems with any machinery or equipment to the pack house manager immediately to avoid stoppages due to breakdowns.
- To report any inappropriate behaviour by any member off staff towards other members off staff or any equipment or company property.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested by the Packhouse Manager
Salary: £10.18-£11.20 per hour