Quality Controller - Staplehurst, Kent, TN12 0RN
Do you want to be a part of something that might just change the world? We are one of the UK’s top fruit growers and we're focused on the bigger picture....feeding the nation with high quality fresh produce whilst actively changing the way we do this that will protect the land and our planet for years to come.
At Bardsley England we are extremely passionate about getting the best out of our people. Are we perfect? Absolutely not. Do you want to be a part of something that might just change the world? We are one of the UK’s top fruit growers and we're focused on the bigger picture....feeding the nation with high quality fresh produce whilst actively changing the way we do this that will protect the land and our planet for years to come.
QA/ Quality Assurance:
We're looking for someone to come and join Jackie and the friendly team at River Farm Staplehurst. The role will be required to carry out the following responsibilities, activities, and duties:
· Ensure compliance of intakes, completing Intake Quality Assessment according to customer specification
· Ensure that office, production, and Quality are informed of produce quality status from intakes on a daily basis.
· Ensure that briefings are provided to Technical Managers for red status produce
· Carry out quality checks to finished products when picked for dispatch
· Inform production and technical departments of Any products placed on hold
· Complete appropriate labels and paperwork have been completed and attached to product
· Ensure that correct orders are placed for labels using NFI label form
· Collect daily shelf life with details and deliver to QA room for processing
· Ensure that all appropriate checks have been carried out at the end of positive release according to relevant finished product specifications
· Attach positive release labels to product before dispatch
· Share communicate updates with team members as required
· Complete all applicable documentation to the highest standards
· Support the Quality Assurance supervisors to achieve the highest level of quality
· Carry out appropriate quality assurance checks in a timely manner
· Implement audit action points
· Identify quality issues and escalate to appropriate person
· Resolve quality issues at the lowest level
We all like to know a bit of every area, our business is subject to change with orders and the role is expected to understand reasonable alterations and additional tasks if required, to support the business needs of the company
Salary: £8.74-£9.16 per hour