Exciting opportunity for an experienced Inventory Accountant to join a transformation project for a leading FMCG company in Cambridgeshire. Are you a self-starter who enjoys working in the detail, problem solving with sufficient technical and ERP systems experience to recommend changes to the inventory setup and transactions? If so, read on!...
You will support inventory accounting system changes as part of an on-going finance transformation project within an FMCG environment. The role will work closely with factory site accounting teams as well as the central finance and transformation project team to ensure that the changes create a template for other areas of the business. The focused approached will be on standardisation across multiple sites.
The role will include:
- Review and creation of documentation of inventory financial processes ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’
- Liaison with operational, finance and systems teams to deliver the change program
- Implement new BOMs in ERP system based on manual spreadsheet information
- Create new intermediate products where necessary to support correct inventory valuation
- Create process documentation for transfer of inventory through ERP system
- Test system changes to ensure correct accounting entries in general ledger and inventory system
To be shortlisted for this role you will need experience of the following;
- Creation of in-system Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Valuation of inventory on hand at different stages of manufacturing process (experience of batch processed goods would be an advantage)
- Manufacturing process and necessary accounting for raw, materials, intermediate products and finished goods including the use of Lot/Batch processes.
- Process of actual to system inventory verification processes and system adjustments
- Utilisation of direct labour reporting using ERP systems
- Overhead/labour cost absorption into inventory
This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract to start asap so apply today for immediate consideration for this opportunity.