Technical Manager - Hamilton, Scotland
Shift Pattern: Monday-Friday, 08:30 - 17:00
Drive and implement robust Technical Standards, Systems and Processes in line with the sites Operational Vision and Group Strategy. Strive for continuous improvement in all areas of the operation, guaranteeing compliance with relevant legislative, customer, product and H & S standards.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Lead the internal site team in customer and third-party audits ensuring relevant, robust systems are developed and implements to allow complete compliance to BRC and exceed customer requirements whilst maintaining product quality, legality and safety. To maintain allergen and haccp controls on site and the accuracy of associated information.
- Act as a key contact with customers on all technical issues, the provision of accurate and comprehensive information for both internal and external customers in a timely manner is key though the establishment of strong relationships.
- The individual must lead, coach and train the Quality CI Coordinators and wider operational business to ensure the highest factory standards are met in terms of food safety, GMP and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the Compliance function on site to reduce / mitigate any potential food safety risks.
- Responsible for all health and safety issues within the scope of this role including adopting and implementing good housekeeping practises. Producing risk assessments as appropriate and under the guidance of the Health & Safety Adviser.
- The establishment of both leading and lagging KPI’s as clear measures of success and embedded process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
A degree or the equivalent in Food Service or a related subject is important however extensive experience gained in a food production environment in dealing with supermarket multiples, local authority bodies and third-party audits is advantageous.
The job holder must have an in-depth knowledge of relevant legislation and industry standards and be very familiar with Food Safety, Allergen Control, Microbiology and Quality Assurance.
An experienced auditor with an in-depth working knowledge of HACCP, BRC and Internal Auditing Systems.
Competent in general management. A strong communicator with effective team management abilities with the ability to utilise outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills to drive continuous improvement initiatives.