Passionate about food? We certainly are, it’s all we eat.
The Flava People have an incredibly exciting opportunity for a QA Technician in the Wythenshawe and South Manchester area who are looking to work for a fun, fair and foodie business.
We’re looking for a QA Technician who is passionate about food and quality to join us on our journey. QA Technician experience in a food manufacturing environment is essential.
We will be looking for someone who has experience in the following:
- Ensure that all duties of this particular role being performed are completed to agreed timescales, highlighting to the Head of Technical any possible delays or problems in the process.
- Ensure that all work is completed as per the company standard and in a timely manner.
- Carry out any tasks requested by the Head of Technical in the performance of the role.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the production and warehouse teams to ensure the efficient running of the entire operation.
- Ensure all Health and Safety regulations and training are adhered to in all areas of the operation at all times.
- Checking raw materials and packaging on delivery and releasing from inspection on computer system.
- Testing finished products against defined standards.
- Conducting environmental micro swabbing; collation of raw materials and finished products for micro analysis; liaising with external micro laboratory.
- Completing scheduled calibration of equipment.
- Auditing factory hygiene standards and production documentation.
- Auditing internal procedures.
- Conducting hourly production line checks.
- Investigation and closing out of non-conformances (where applicable).
- Liaising with suppliers to help maintain approved supplier list.
- Assisting in maintaining Technical KPI suite.
The Flava People are a bit different to your every day, mundane, bang average, food manufacturing business. Here we are all about working hard and playing hard. We offer great shifts, good rates of pay and a fun environment to work in, where we nurture and reward your hard work.
As always, we are expecting an extremely busy summer period meaning we are looking to grow the Technical team. We can do this through flexible, zero-hour contracts to work around you or we can offer fixed term contracts (typically until September/October). It doesn’t end there. If you have proven yourself during this time, we very often extend contracts or employ on a full-time basis.
We need a QA Technician who wants to enjoy coming to work, work hard and want to develop as we do.
The Flava People are a family run business with a core set of strong and important values that have been set to ensure everybody thrives and develops.
Our culture is to not just make the food, we expect you to enjoy the food!
Various incentives everyone gets to enjoy are:
- Monthly breakfast clubs
- Flava of The Month Awards
- Summer Family Fun Day
- Quarterly Bonus (Subject to time served & KPI’s)
- Team Events
- Seasonal Treats
- Retail Discounts
- Fruity Wednesdays
We are looking for a QA Technician who is available 40hrs a week Mon – Sat (overtime is often available during summer) however we are willing to discuss your availability and may be able to work around you. You would need to be available to work between the following hours:
Current rates of pay are £8.72 per hour.
If you are a QA Technician with a great work ethic, positive attitude, a keen eye for quality & food hygiene and you are passionate about ‘Flava’ then get your CV over to us ASAP and lets ‘Taco about it’
Be part of the #myjobsbetterthanyours group and give your friends job envy!
All successful applicants will be subject to reference checks and must be able to provide proof of right to work in the UK.