This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
Hygiene Lead - Peterborough
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Provide oversight, support, and governance for all aspects of hygiene at the Peterborough facility
- Ensure quality, food safety and operational expectations are met while preventing sanitation and design-related food safety failures.
- Oversee the plant sanitation and GMP compliance through managing the pest control and environmental control programs and assuring appropriate corrective actions when gaps exist
- Lead and manage the plantwide sanitation program to achieve key indicator results that support the site strategic objectives, goals, strategies and measures
- Provide guidance and develop technical expertise in appropriate personnel with regard to sanitation and hygienic design and controls
- Collaborate with facility departments to define sanitation activities and resources needed to ensure completion of Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS). Audit MSS and complete RCCA on issues identified.
- Provide direction and supports the daily management and work prioritization of direct reports across shifts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to improve sanitation programs, procedures, and metrics
- Conduct cleaning, CIP and allergen validations
- Provide support, including training, troubleshooting, and some maintenance, to the production sanitation systems, equipment, and tools.
- BSc in Degree in Food Science, Sanitation, Food Safety, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Food Technology, Microbiology or a related technical field of study in the applied sciences
- Demonstratable working experience in manufacturing plant environment in the food, beverage, flavor, ingredient and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Solid supervisory experience
- Experience with core sanitation services to include cleaning (wet and dry, COP and CIP, validation and verification of sanitation systems)
- Experience working with SAP & MES software systems
- Demonstrated ability to influence, to change thinking and lead change efforts across the organization without direct line reporting
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.