Farm Quality Auditor - St Mary Bourne, Andover SP11 6DB
A vacancy has arisen for a Farm Quality Auditor. The successful candidate will be hands on undertaking audits and will ensure the adherence to food safety, legality and quality of products on farm.
Reporting to the Factory Technical Manager, You will:
- Ensure food safety, legality and product quality on farms and third party suppliers
- Ensure all our farms adhere to health, safety and environment requirements
- Create and manage all raw material specifications and assessment
- Conduct internal and supplier audits based on Good Agricultural Practices and Good Manufacturing practices
- Ensure pesticide and microbiological tests are completed as per schedule
- Supporting and promoting a food safety and quality culture at farm and third party suppliers
- Carrying out risk assessments for farms and raw material
- Develop a good working relationship with our farms and suppliers. Create an environment of continual improvement where all members feel a sense of responsibility for improving and driving food safety and quality standard.
The ideal candidate will have good written and verbal communication skills, self-motivation and ability to be a team player. They must have strong IT skills. Agronomy or horticulture experience is desirable. They must be prepared to travel and work independently.
Travel will be within the UK and Europe, this will often be at short notice and may require overnight stays. You should have the flexibility to undertake such travel and also have the correct travel documentations to travel within Europe.