National Account Manager 12 Month FTC
Alexander Steele are working in partnership with one of the UK’s leading food producers based in Hertfordshire, with multiple sites across the UK. They are currently looking for a National Account Manager to join their Commercial team. The position will manage their valuable M&S account.
The purpose of the National Account Manager is to commercially manage the development of the M&S business to achieve their category objectives in terms of volume, price and mix, whilst adopting an end to end profitability mentality
- Support the development of a mutually beneficial customer’s strategy, category plans and business process.
- Preparing an annual account plan for the customer and gain outline agreement of the key objectives with the customer.
- Proactively manage the relationship between buying, marketing, merchandising, product development and supply chain network interfaces with the customer.
- Conduct regular business and category reviews with the customer and jointly identify future objectives and success criteria.
- Constantly review product and range performance and initiate business improvement programmes.
- Prepare product development briefs and manage new product and range changes, which meet the marketing and financial requirements of both the customer and the business.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor activity within the customer portfolio advising both the business and the customer.
- Regularly review sales forecasts by line and make timely amendments to maintain service levels and achieve KPIs.
- Agree a rolling activity plan (including promotional) and update it by mutual agreement with the customer.
- Negotiate specification, price, distribution and volume parameters to achieve plan/budget/forecast which is regularly updated against the latest sales plan based on budget margins.
- Participate in customer focus teams for key accounts, participate in weekly team meetings, communicate sales and latest plans and resolve any issues, which would affect customer KPI targets.
- Communicate the outcome of customer meetings, conferences and briefings to the relevant customer focus team including technical, procurement and operations.
- Manage customer business as a portfolio by influencing ranging, sales mix, product introductions and promotional activity and maintaining an agreed costed margin.
- Review promotional activity including peaks and recommend future trading strategies.
- Manage specific projects including new business opportunities agreed with the Head of Function.
- Initiate product specification changes to reduce cost or improve efficiency and recommend value chain improvements.
- Provide a monthly report of trading, identifying major variances to plan/budget.
- Maintain the optimum level of SKU’s in line with targets for the account.
- Provide out of hours support and weekend working to support the account – on a rota basis
- Major retail national account management experience within the food sector.
- Ideally M&S customer knowledge but not essential.
- Confident comuicator who builds strong relationships both internally and with the customer.
- With the knowledge of competitive/market activity, trends and opportunities in your sector.
- Intermediate level in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience of having developed joint commercial strategies/JBP’s.
Whats On Offer:
- Salary £40-50k + Car/allow + bonus + pension & HC.
- There is an excellent opportunity to progress your career within a thriving business.
- The position is a mix of office/home and customer visits. Commutable areas are Hertfordshire, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire.
If you are interested in hearing more about it this position, please contact Greg at Alexander Steele Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him directly on 0131 370 9191 for a more in depth chat about the role.